Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Struggles of it all.

So. I "officially" started Sun 8/5. I started soooo strong. No soda (which is HUGE for me) since Sunday. I have been following the meal plan, yes with a few tweaks, but still, been following the exercise program and I even got 8 lb weights (holy arm hurt, wow I can tell a difference, I only had 2 lbs before, so ya...). I did have some Oreo's Sunday, and a milky way yesterday, but like I was told, you cant think you'll go forever without, it's setting yourself up for failure. I have been great on my water intake. Overall been a good start!

Today, day 3... it seems to hit. I'm not out of my bad habits I guess?? I want a soda, but I have had a soda every morning for the past... gosh... 3 years...! It's a habit thing and it needs to break, I'm not going to give in, what I need to do is get my water. In fact... hold that thought.... .... Ahh, that's better.  I'm not a coffee drinker, my mother suggested a caffeine pill so I dont... well go crazy, ha. It's a 200mg pill, so about the same as 2 cups of coffee. It helps so I'm not exhausted tired and I dont get the headaches from giving up caffeine. It's tastes that I crave! This first week I am trying to do solely water with the exception of 1/4 cup milk with breakfast. I want to get to the point that I crave water!

My goal to overcome the cravings is to push through. Think of the things I want to accomplish with this 90 day challenge, think of the way it's changing me for the better. I do find myself looking forward to the exercise part which kinda surprises me. I love love love the workout #2 which works out the back, glutes, etc. I do get worried thinking about the later exercises, but I do have to trust Jillian when she says she's working me up to that. It'll be slower not all of a sudden bam, there. Still, I'm excited.

Ohh, I am so stoked for my afternoon snack. LOL. It's celery, which I do already like, but I get to use Almond butter on it. Where has that stuff been all my life! I had to try it when I was getting it ready to pack in my lunch pack and wow, I had to contain myself so I wouldnt sit and eat the entire jar yesterday! Mmm... :)

I do also have to say I am impressed with the meals. I had the flounder for dinner last night and the only thing I would have changed was adding more spices. It was good. I feel sweets deprived after meals which I can only assume will get better the longer I go without, again, those habits.

So, here is go a good day 3 and remaining 87. I hope my entire thought process changes with this challenge and I realize how much better it is for myself, my family, my... everything to eat better, stay healthy! Have a happy Tuesday all!


No comments:

Post a Comment