So, I'm sure a few noticed that I've been MIA for awhile huh. I've been frustrated! I ended up getting sick in Sept sometime and everything fell apart. I havent worked out and I havent been following J.Michaels meal plan. I just dont wanna spend the rest of my life eating what other people say I should eat. Sticking to her meal plan wasnt enjoyable to me and it was not something I could see myself doing long term. I really had to consider what I want while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
I dont want to spend the rest of my life on a diet. I am tired of the up's and down's dieting brings me. I hate depriving myself of the food I enjoy, every Monday, after a "bad" week telling myself "this is the time, this is the day/week/whatever that I am going to start and get skinny" I hate "failing" and I hate even more doing soooooo well on a diet then gaining it all back. I lost 30 lbs following a diet and gained it all back. W.T.H. I can tell you what happened. I ate "real" food again. I'm sorry, I cant go my life without eating chcolate, or HFCS, or all that "bad" food that "they" say I shouldnt. I'm sorry, who are "they"??? Everyone has a different take on dieting, everyone that diets may succeed, but it always seems to come back, and I, for one, am tired of that! I mean really, how many diets have I been on? How many have failed and how many do I look for because it's something different!
So, I pledge to never diet again. I am eating the food that I want to eat. I eat out, and I eat high fat/carb items. I eat salads and chicken and ice-cream, but it's WHEN I'm eating that is making the difference. I am listening to my body. I am only eating when my body tells me to, when it's hungry. Why for so long have I been on a schedule and eating because "it's time". No more. When I am hungry, I'll eat, and I stop, not when I'm full, but when I am no longer hungry. Yes this has been difficult and yes I have overate, and I find that I am uncomfortable when I overeat. I dont like to feel uncomfortable. I take 3-4 bites of whatever I am having, I stop and consider, am I still hungry, and I continue this until I am not hungry any more. Some days I only eat twice, some days I eat 4 times a day. I believe by doing this, by listening to myself and what my body wants, will I get to where I want to be.
I am not doing this alone. I found a fabulous website that deals with people who are tired of dieting. I read the blog... the entire blog... and I purchased and read the book. It makes so much sense. It's not dieting, it's listening to your body.
If you are where I am, if you are tired of the dieting roller coaster rides of the ups and downs, I recommend this site. (which by the way, I should get like commissioned for because I am referring and recommending a lot of people there! ha) the site is: dietsarefattening.com.
I havent been doing this long, maybe 3 weeks. I do have a long ways to go. I still make mistakes. But I find, already, it's easier to give up and pass up food, not because I'm denying, but because I know if I truly want it, when I am truly hungry, I can have it, I may have to delay, but never again do I have to deny! And when I am truly hungry, I may or may not want that. I listen to what I am craving. I find I crave chicken a lot, and I find that I dont really care for french fries.
I could go on and on and on forever about all the new-found things I've come across and things that I now do, how I do/did this or when I decide I eat that. It's still a learning process though like I said, and if you have questions, ask.
So, that is all. I do plan on keeping up my progress on this blog and convert from J.Michaels to what I am doing, how I am doing it, and how things are going!
No comments:
Post a Comment